Attending conferences is extremely important to maintaining and improving your skill level. But if you wanted to have a few tips on how to benefit the most from conferences then consider the following 10 Tips.
Tips to maximize your experience at wildlife control conferences like NWCO’s Wildlife Expo.
- Bring business cards. Yes, this IS a business conference.
- Make sure you carry the business cards. They don’t help your business when they are in the hotel room.
- Don’t be fearful to hand them out to those who ask or to those you need info from.
- Attend the sessions.
- Attend the socials. the person you meet at a table or bar could actually become a great friend AND/OR provide valuable assistance to your business!
- Speak to the speakers! They know more than what they gave at the presentation!!
- Visit with the vendors. They are knowledgeable and want to help YOUR business succeed.
- Be willing to share. You were a newbie once too!
- Be willing to learn. You can only improve your business if you are OPEN to change and new ideas!
- Take a colleague out to dinner.