Stephen M. Vantassel, CWCP, MNI, ACP
Wildlife Control Consultant, LLC.
Publications, Writing, Training (distance and on-site), and Consultation
Announcing Stephen M. Vantassel’s latest book:
Vantassel, Stephen M. with Steve Meyer. 2017. Being Kind to Animal Pests. rev. ed.
Lewistown, MT: Wildlife Control Consultant.
- Explains how to use cage and box traps humanely
- What makes a good cage trap
- How to modify traps while still being effective
- Selecting sites to reduce animal stress while still being an effective trapper
Vantassel, Stephen M. The Wildlife Damage Inspection Handbook, 3rd Edition. Lincoln, NE: Wildlife Control Consultant, 2012. 180 pp.
- Inspection techniques for structures
- Predation identification principles
- Damage sign for over 20 common wildlife species.
$80.00 post paid to US and Canada
Dealer inquiries welcomed.
Let me put my years of writing for the wildlife damage management industry to work for you.New products?Biographies?How-to? Training manuals?Reviews–I will review books, manuals, and products related to wildlife damage management. Contact me for details. Expert Witness as the wildlife damage management industry grows, legal issues will follow. I can provide testimony regarding: industry practices, negligence, fraud, and liability. Accepted as an expert in a binding arbitration case in Virginia, 2009.
Stephen is available for speaking at conferences, workshops, and at a company work sites.
His speaking engagements have included:
- Basic Wildlife Control Operator’s Course. (Ottawa 2016)
- National Wildlife Control Operators Association Meetings (2012-2017)
- New York State Wildlife Management Association’s Annual Meeting, Oswego, NY (Feb 24-25, 2012)
- A All Animal Control Annual Meeting, Charleston, WV (Jan, 2012)
- Kansas Pest Control Training (Cat 1C) Bird Control & Bird Diseases (Oct, 2011)
- Connecticut NWCO Association Annual Meeting (2011)
- National Wildlife Control Operators Association Annual Conference (Jan, 2011)
- Kansas State Pest Control Association Meeting (2010)
- National Pest Management Association Annual Conference
- National Pest Management Association Wildlife Management Conference (2008)
- Nebraska Urban Pest Management Conference (2009-2011)
- New York Wildlife Control Operators Association Meeting
- Wildlife Control Technology Seminars
- Ground Squirrel Control
- Prairie Dog Control
- Commensal Rodent Control
- Canada Geese Damage Management
- State of the Wildlife Control Industry
- Marketing and the Wildlife Control Industry
- National Wildlife Control Training Program
- Raccoon Research
- Inspecting Structures for Wildlife Damage
- Issues to Consider before Starting a Wildlife Control Business
- Rabies and the Wildlife Control Operator
- Disease Safety
- Safety on the Job
- Woodchucks and Skunks