Stephen M. Vantassel, Owner
Wildlife Control Consultant, LLC.
Stephen M. Vantassel is available for interviews, debates, conferences, workshops, and background information on the following subjects:
1. Animal Rights, particularly consumptive uses of wildlife such as trapping and hunting.
2. Wildlife Damage Management–how to control and manage human-wildlife conflicts (raccoons in chimneys, squirrels in attics, etc.)
3. Fur Trapping-ethics of trapping.
Dr. Vantassel was interviewed in the 2011 film “Crying Wolf” (additional information available at CryingWolfMovie.com).
Many of Dr. Vantassel’s articles are available on the internet. We encourage reporters and writers to consult my writings prior to contacting him.
- Interviewed and cited in “Cat Fight” by John Carey. 2012. Conservation. 13:1(Spring): 32-37.
- A Soft, Furry, Stone-cold Killer Researchers say domestic, feral cats kill as many as 1 billion birds a year Sunday, June 12, 2011 03:13 AM By Spencer Hunt (Columbus, OH) http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/science/stories/2011/06/12/a-soft-furry-stone-cold-killer.html?sid=101
“Now is a good time to ban bats from your home.” The Lincoln Journal Star JournalStar.com Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2011 6:00 am Read more: http://journalstar.com/news/local/article_bfa8d21b-2710-5d60-976d-c2ee54159229.html?mode=story#ixzz1ZUmEE7RW
Stephen M. Vantassel’s Contact Information
E-mail: stephenvantassel (at)hotmail (dot)com
Please provide details about the topic you wish to discuss, your affiliation, and due date.
Wildlife Control Consultant
Books Published by Stephen M. Vantassel
Wildlife Removal Handbook Rev. ed. Presently owned by Alan Huot of Wildlife Control Supplies, LLC
Wildlife Damage Inspection Handbook, 3rd Ed. 2012.
The Practical Guide for the Control of Feral Cats. 2013.
National Wildlife Control Training Program