Wildlife Control Consultant, LLC. Media Kit
Stephen M. Vantassel is available for interviews, debates, conferences, workshops, presentations, and background information on the following subjects:
1. Animal Rights, particularly consumptive uses of wildlife such as trapping and hunting.
2. Wildlife Damage Management–how to control and manage human-wildlife conflicts (raccoons in chimneys, squirrels in attics, etc.)
3. Fur Trapping-ethics of trapping.
4. Christianity and the Environment.
- Feral Cat Debate
- Wildlife Management Debate. Saint Joseph College (Connecticut). February 29, 2000. Sponsored by Students Promoting and Educating about Animal Rights. Panelists: Bill Mannetti of ARF, Derek V. Oatis of Beck & Eldergill, and Linda Huebner of the HSUS; Michael Darre of Univ. of Connecticut, Alan Huot of Wildlife Control Supplies, LLC. and Stephen M. Vantassel of National Wildlife Control Operators Association.
- Stephen M. Vantassel was part of an on-air discussion on the subject “Animal or Human” on the BBC’s All Things Considered (Radio). March 7, 2015. Click the triangle below to hear the discussion.
Articles and Publications
Many of Dr. Vantassel’s articles are available on the internet (particularly at Academia.edu). I encourage reporters and writers to consult my writings prior to contacting me. Please provide details about the topic you wish to discuss, your affiliation, and due date.
Books Published by Stephen M. Vantassel
- Being Kind to Animal Pests, rev. ed. 2017.
- Wildlife Removal Handbook 3rd ed. 2017.
- Wildlife Damage Inspection Handbook, 3rd Ed. 2012.
- The Practical Guide for the Control of Feral Cats. 2013.
- National Wildlife Control Training Program: Core Principles and Information. 2012.
- National Wildlife Control Training Program: Supplemental Species Information. 2013.
- Wildlife Control Operator Training Course. In press. 2021
- Interviewed by Rachel Cramer of Yellowstone Public Radio (Billings, MT) as part of a story on M-44s. The approximately 9 minute radio story was entitled “As Critics Push to Ban ‘Cyanide Bombs’, Ranchers Share What’s At Stake.” July, 8, 2019.
- Interviewed for an article on squirrels by Jim Kelly of the Washington Post April 14, 2015. http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/no-one-knows-squirrels-better-than-the-people-who-trap-and-remove-them/2015/04/14/0fec4062-e202-11e4-81ea-0649268f729e_story.html
- Interviewed and cited in “Cat Fight” by John Carey. 2012. Conservation. 13:1(Spring): 32-37.
- A Soft, Furry, Stone-cold Killer Researchers say domestic, feral cats kill as many as 1 billion birds a year Sunday, June 12, 2011 03:13 AM By Spencer Hunt (Columbus, OH) http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/science/stories/2011/06/12/a-soft-furry-stone-cold-killer.html?sid=101
- Dr. Vantassel was interviewed in the 2011 film “Crying Wolf” (additional information available at CryingWolfMovie.com).
“Now is a good time to ban bats from your home.” The Lincoln Journal Star JournalStar.com Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2011 6:00 am Read more: http://journalstar.com/news/local/article_bfa8d21b-2710-5d60-976d-c2ee54159229.html?mode=story#ixzz1ZUmEE7RW