Beware of ticks. With the number of tick diseases growing in terms of infections and identified diseases, people need to be tick safe. Ticks can carry a several serious infectious diseases, such as Lyme disease. So it is imperative to beware of ticks and avoid them as much as possible.
Being Safe Around Ticks
Here are some strategies to help you be safe around ticks.
- Tuck your pants into your socks. Ticks like to climb so this way they can’t slip under your pants where you will be less likely to see them.
- Check yourself after leaving the woods or garden.
- Use repellents, such as those made of DEET.
- Keep your pets protected with tick control.
- Remove embedded ticks with tweezers as the CDC.gov suggests. For a tool that can help you remove ticks, visit Tick Removal Tool.
- Finally, monitor your health. Fevers and bull’s eye rashes can signify you have been infected.