Wildlife Damage control in urban areas is woefully under researched. The fact is more money is spent by the government to control wildlife damage to crops as well as the control of invasive species than on urban wildlife control.
The private sector, though growing in number and wealth, still lacks the funds to put real money into research. Nevertheless, a number of topics and issues need to be investigated. Here are a few.
- How long does it take for raccoon roundworm to desiccate in an attic?
- Why does (insert species) choose 1 house over another?
- Role or impact of animal odors to trapping success?
- Effectiveness of box traps vs. cage?
- Do strobe lights evict animals from attics and other areas?
I will add more as time permits.