Business owners know that time is money. Interruptions from customers are a part of being a business owner but the last thing you need are calls from companies trying to sell you something you never asked for. Whether you call them spam phone calls or robocalls or just irritating nuisances, unwanted phone calls are a serious problem. But how do you stop these spam phone calls without losing customers?
Here are few options:
- Never answer calls from numbers you cannot identify. Sounds reasonable enough until you understand that as a business owner, most of your calls will come from unknown numbers.
- Register on the Do Not Call list with the Federal Communications Commission by calling 1-888-382-1222. Alternatively, you can visit The FCC website which will have a link for the Do Not Call list but also have other information about protecting yourself.
- Manually block numbers. Another activity designed for stopping spam phone calls is to manually block the number after learning it is a spam call. I find this method a bit tedious. While it will save you from the next call, it won’t save you from the first. Plus, what happens when the robocallers give up the number and the number is used by a legit customer?
- Use your phone company’s blocking service. This is an option for you. I have Verizon. I could have used its service, but I didn’t want to pay them even more money on a monthly basis.
- Use a blocking app. With today’s smart phones, there are lots of apps out there and yes, even apps for stopping spam phone calls. But which one do you choose? I chose RoboKiller because it was recommended by the agency I work for. Wow. Was it an excellent recommendation. When I visited the Apple App Store, I noticed that RoboKiller had 211,000 reviews with an average star ranking of 4.5 out of 5. Now just consider that number for a moment. 211,000 reviews. Just think of how many people use the app and didn’t review it? With that many people giving it a 4.5 out of 5 that is unbelievable. Cost? 30 dollars. Yes it is available for Android phones too.
Want to stop robocalls? Consider RoboKiller.Stephen M. Vantassel, CWCP, ACE, is the owner of Wildlife Control Consultant, LLC. He helps people restore their balance with nature through publishing, training, consulting, and the internet. He has published numerous articles in trade and academic publications (http://kingsdivinity.academia.edu/StephenMVantassel) along with several books (https://wildlifecontrolconsultant.com/store-2/). Listen to his podcast at PestGeek Podcast (https://pestgeekpodcast.com/). He is a sought after speaker and trainer. If you would like to have Stephen speak at your event or use his consultation services, send an e-mail to email@example.com. Copyright All postings are the property of Stephen M. Vantassel and Wildlife Control Consultant, LLC. Text (not images) may be reprinted in non-profit publications provided that the author and website URL is included. If images wish to be used, explicit and written permission must be obtained from Wildlife Control Consultant, LLC. Wildlife Control Consultant, LLC (WCC) has not received any financial incentives to mention brand-name products in this blog post.